Integrated Learning Solution
Skills for leaders at every level
This is a learning system that could change how you determine, view and assess training needs and assign accountabilities in management and supervision training.
Short Self assessment:
1) Right now in your organization, how do you go about establishing which skills should be trained? How do you accomplish your needs analysis? Do you measure behavioral skills based upon surveys of those who observe the skills? Or do you measure only cognitive skills and/or.ask senior management, or just base the skills needed on what you observe walking around?
2) When you are about to hold a class, how do you go about ensuring the projected participants are going to be highly motivated to learn before they ever walk into the classroom?
3) After the class (or series) is concluded, how do you go about determining if the material has been assimilated?
4) What steps do you take to determine how often and/or how well the participants are actually USING the skills they COULD DO when they left the class/series?
5) Six months after training do you meausure what has changed? Are they using the skills? How do you know?
6) If you could add a significant multiplier, something like a power drive, that would significantly increase the post-class competency and incidence of use of the new skills how would that affect your organization?
Here's the truth about teaching any soft skill: We are not just teaching new skills. If you are like most of us, whether we knew it or not, we have not just been attempting to teach people new “soft” skills involving management and supervision, leading people, getting along with people, helping to coach and motivate people and other human interaction skills skills.
In fact, what we have actually been doing is trying to help them eliminate the ineffective skills (actually just train their brain not to use that particular response) which the participants have been using, often for many, many years, plus teach the new skills.
The elimination of those ineffective behaviors and the incorporation of the new behavioral skills actually require some physical changes in the brain…new neural pathways to be formed. That takes time…months not hours or days, and that mandates continuing and ongoing feedback, reinforcement and coaching.
We must be patient. It’s not easy. If it were, this type of training would have a much higher historical success rate. When a stimulus is presented, an automatic response is available. After the training, people can do the new skill, but for a long time after training, the automatic response will be the old response. It just “feels” right.
A simple example will illustrate this. Fold your arms. Now put the other arm on top. Okay...for the purpose of illustration, you have been trained. You CAN put the alternate arm on top. We'll even add a benefit: Changing the arm you put on top may help slow down the aging process in your brain...because it is learning and using new skills.
We would speculate that if we walked into your work area later in the week and you had your arms crossed, the arm which has always been on top would be on top at that time.. Not because you can't put the other arm on top; not even because you don't think it's important enough. The reason is simple: Your physical brain is using an existing neural pathway. Building and making automatic an alternate pathway which WILL BE used, AUTOMATICALLY takes time, lots of it, and a lot of feedback, practice and reinforcement.
So practice, feedback, coaching, mentoring, etc. are all critical.
Now you have a choice. You may continue the way you have been doing training, where the HR/OD/Training department is evaluated on how well the participants acquire the new skills, and change nothing about the organization or get the commitment of senior leaders; you will achieve the same results you have always achieved. Or, you may decide to adopt an integrated approach that gives you the tools to help your people actually be motivated to learn the new skills and to practice and use the skills and to change their own behavioral.
Moreover, you can bring about a complete revision in how training needs are determined, how training is assessed, how training goals are measured, how long-term outcomes are determined, who is responsible for the acquisition and use of the skills, and so much more.
NOT Interested? Please go directly to our multi -award winning training program here
How does this sound? A complete learning system for leadership skills that would give you:
1. An economical way for you to assess needs from not only the management staff but also from the team members (and even sales people and customers). For example, you could determine what skills the team members have observed and are observing their supervisors and managers using or not using and would be able to automatically add that information to that of the senior leadership.
2. An examination of the learning environment...the support from senior leadership, how well they model, reinforce and support these skills.
3. Participants in your programs who are eager to acquire and use the skills. Participants could be given reports before the class is held, at 90 days and at 180 days after class to let them know how well they are perceived as using those skills. The world class award winning automated feedback system and this process which will allow you to ensure participants going to class are very highly motivated to learn the skills that are being taught, because:
- They recognize their individual need to develop those skills.
- Their boss and senior management recognize the need for them to develop those skills.
- They understand that their boss and senior management will get reports that show how well they have not only learned but have incorporated and are using these skills…several times.
4. Participants who are trained using a multi-award winning training program with skill building in a very professional, behaviorally oriented way with participants engaged in a very behaviorally based, skill acquisition oriented training program of spaced learning with a lot of behavioral modeling and skill practice. They leave each class being able to DO the skills and also take part in pre and post tests to discover what they learned in class that day. This is one way to ensure the skills had been learned.
5. A specific way to measure how much better (if any) the skills were being used, immediately after the course.
6. Participants placed into peer groups with a mentor to assist them with problems they encounter.
7. Participants engaging in "brown-bag" lunches and other reinforcement and practice situations costing almost no money and very little corporate time.
8. Participants using the online learning which was developed from the award-winning classroom version...to reinforce the skills and knowledge over an entire year.
9. A specific way to measure how much better the skills were being used six months later.
10. The ability to have senior leadership, HR/OD/T&D carefully reviewing each situation where the participant had not acquired and/or put to use the skills and either provided re-training, coaching, or even reassignment based upon the results.
11. The ability to accomplish all of those surveys quickly, easily and affordably. The reports could be prepared with a mouse click, and sent out via PDF file so that senior leadership and the OD/T&D/HR people could get copies, in addition to the copies for the individual participants.
This is what will happen in your organization if you do this:
12. The capability to bring about a very important shift in focus in the organization: The responsibility, the accountability for acquiring and using the skills shifting from the trainer or the training department to being a shared responsibily of senior leadership, the immediate manager, the participant as well as the HR/OD/Training Department.
Their accountabilities and responsibilities will be well defined for the first time. The corporate expectation will be that they (the participants) learn the information, acquire the skills, and then apply the skills in their daily activities. And, they understand they will be held accountable to do just that.
13. A multi-use data and survey gathering system
What if, for example...
- This same survey platform and system used in conjunction with this particular training program was as easy to load and use as MS Word?
- It already had all of the questions you need for this training program loaded, but modifying, eliminating or adding a question was extremely simple. And what if it actually had over 140 categories (such as leadership and communications) and over 1200 behavioral based questions in the library?
You could import your employee names and e-mail addresses in a comma-delimited file?
- You could aggregate the reports, compare this year to last year, do gap analysis, and compare individuals to the group mean?
- This system could be used with all of your training programs and if you could get an unlimited usage license to use these reports for specific individuals or parts of your organization so that after the initial investment, each new survey and report had a very minimal (if any) cost? There is no charge for the respondents at all.
- This same platform could be used for customer service surveys, employee satisfaction surveys, EEO surveys and even the most powerful, flexible and easy to use 360 feedback surveys on the market?
One training manager described this as a “sea-change” in how training is viewed, funded and delivered in the organization.
Okay… Want to know more?
Best Bet: Give us a call. Toll-Free 866-230-3131. Allow us to find out more about your needs so that we may offer a customized solution (no charge or obligation for this up-front discussion). Or, send us an E-mail via this area, and we will be happy to contact you.
2nd best bet:
For more information about the most cost effective, highest value Behavioral Based Training Program for supervisors and managers go here:
For more information about the automated feedback system that will, in conjunction with the skill-acquisition oriented, behaviorally based program, help you achieve all that we have described, go here
And then give us a call and let’s discuss how you can set this system up.
Return to Top
Contact us for more information by calling us at (866) 230-3131 or by clicking the Request, below.. We will get back to you as quickly as possible.